Energy bar/ball (vegan)
This is the most simplest delicious recipe, its very easy and healthy vegan recipe.It’s a power packed ball rich in fiber and micronutrients coming from dried fruits and nuts,along with goodness of good fats from nuts. Its free from preservatives found in processed bar which are on shelf for months.
- Whole seedless dates-1 cup
- Chopped Almonds-¾ cup
- Dried cherries-1/4cup
- Dried fig-1/4cup
- Whole roasted unsalted peanuts-⅓ cup
- Dessicated coconut-1 tbsp
- Dry Roast peanut until rawness is gone,let it cool completely.
- In a high speed blender,blend peanuts into a very fine powder.
- Now in food processor- Blend dates till they become crumb size, keep on pulsing till they become dough like consistency now add cherries and figs and pulse again, add almonds and coconut pd and mix it again in processor.
- Now mix peanut pd and dates dough mixture nicely. Then roll it with hand like a ball. If you like bar shape, put a dough on clean surface, Press the dough with your hands until it forms a thick square, now Wrap in a wax paper and chill for at least an 4 hours.
- Divide into bar with sharp knife size you want.
Above recipe yields 12 energy ball.
Each ball is 120 cal Approx.
gives 3gm protein approx.
Variation- cherries can be replaced with cranberries,coconut can be replaced with flaxseed meal,Almonds with raw pistachio or raw cashews. Enjoy without guilt of processed sugar and oils.