IMPORTANCE OF PROTEIN ALONG WITH CARBS IN PRE WORKOUT-
The goal of post-exercise fueling is to replace muscle glycogen and begin regenerating muscle tissue. Adequate carbohydrate and protein feeding pre exercise helps restore glycogen and protein stores, respectively. However, carbohydrate can digest, absorb and subsequently raise blood glucose within 15 to 30 minutes. Protein, on the other hand, digests more slowly and does not lead to peak amino acid levels in the blood for up to three hours.
Today’s Marketing strategy and fashion trend in gyms are pills, powders and bars, Supplements provide convenience, but real food provides better overall nutrients.
Opt for homemade and easy transportable food options may provide the best of both worlds , when it comes to carbs and protein
Some healthy options are-(combination of protein and carbs)
- aloo paratha and sprouts
- chocolate milk with and egg whites
- chicken sandwich
- fruits and nuts
- peanut and sesame ladoo
- omelette rolled in a roti/chapati
- chickpea salad
- boiled sweet potato with egg
- Banana with eggs or nuts
- grapes/melons and cheese cube
- raisins and almonds/ Roasted chana
- A peanut butter and banana or PBJ sandwich
- Greek yogurt with fruits.
- Handful of nuts and raisins (two parts raisins: one part nuts)
The perfect ratio of nutrients is meaningless if we don’t like taste of some gels, bars or protein powder and create GI distress, so eat what your tummy and feasibility says.
ref- www.acefitness about nutrient